Executive Leadership Programme
This programme is aimed at building the overall leadership capacity of an organisation at a senior or executive level. Generally the programme begins with the top executive team and is cascaded to include different levels of leadership.
Frequently it is applied when an organisation is adopting a new strategy or organisational design. It will also assist organisations to formulate and execute effective business strategies. Each programme is customised to the needs of the organisation.
Who Should Attend:
This programme is custom designed to the organisation and can be run for executives as well as all other levels in the organisation.
This programme is based on the following broad competency framework.
Although the content will be customised to the needs of the organisation, on completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the nature of transformational leadership
- Develop insight into their personal leadership styles and behaviour and the impact of these on their effectiveness
- Create their own leadership brand based on what they stand for
- Build persuasive communication effectiveness and make presentations with impact
- Create and lead high performance teams and organisational networks that foster collaboration and innovation
- Understand the key changes taking place within the VUCA business environment
- Formulate a business strategy for their organisation and plan for effective execution
- Ensure optimal organisational design to execute strategy
- Design an effective organisational change and transformational strategy to implement large scale change
Develop strategies for key organisational issues. These may include:
- Sustainability including corporate governance
- Effective communication strategies with internal and external stakeholders
- Succession management and the attraction, development and retention of talent
- Industry specific issues
Various top faculty and facilitators will be invited to provide input and facilitate discussion on specialist topics. Participants will be required to undertake personal research and reading on key questions for discussions at the study schools. The use of social media will be an important element in building connectivity for learning.
Groups will be required to complete an action learning projects to implement what has been learned. Where possible visits will be arranged to leading organisations on specific issues and a number of guest presenters will be used to present different perspectives on important topics.
Participants will learn in the context of small groups as well as the larger group. If required the programme can be run in conjunction with a business school.
The programme is normally structured on the basis of 2 or 3 days per month over 4 or 6 months.
Or click here for pdf version.